As the school year comes to a close and our senior volunteers trade their BYSC staff shirts for caps and gowns, we want to express our sincere appreciation for all of your efforts as peer mentors and “friends’ of our special needs and underserved youth. Truth is, the programs’ success fundamentally relies on your consistent commitment, patience and friendship. We hope this experience has enriched your lives as much as the lives of those you served.
Special shout out to some of our volunteers who have been with us for many years and have made significant contributions of their time and energy to a myriad of our programs and who, as leaders, inspired others to be a part of our community:
- Katie Bernstein, Emma Shpiz and Noah Sicklick, Mamaroneck High School Co- Presidents,
Mamaroneck Community Club
- August and Justin Iorio, Co-Presidents, Iona Prep Community Club
- Jackson Shapiro, Nick Sharpe, Rye Country Day School peer mentors extraordinaire
- Ali Mothner, Greenwich Academy volunteer/coordinator and Junior Board member
- Noah Marinelli and Cameron Moser, Junior Board members and Scarsdale Community Club
- Daniel Barnett, Junior Board member, Harrison High School coordinator and recent recipient of the Harrison Mamaroneck Rotary Service award for his commitment to “service above self”
Special thanks for the commitment and superior efforts of Max Felsenstein who, for four years, traveled each Sunday from his NJ home to volunteer for our special needs programs.